Noopolis Foundation has been engaged since 1985 in educational and training activities, through the provision of scholarships, the organization of seminars, conferences, specialization courses and workshops for vocational guidance, the promotion of research projects aiming to enhance the achievements of young researchers.
Since 2003, the Foundation's commitment in research and professional training has been mainly achieved through the “Unipharma-Graduates” Projects, promoted by Noopolis in cooperation with Sapienza University of Rome in the framework of the EU Leonardo da Vinci Programme. The 11 projects carried out up to date have represented a great opportunity for 564 recent Italian graduates in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biological, biotechnological and biomedical field, that had the chance to start a brilliant career in basic research in Italy or abroad, also thanks to the skills and competences acquired during the research traineeships offered by this scheme.
From 2015, Noopolis is member of a Consortium coordinated by Sapienza University of Rome and including other 7 Italian universities (University of Roma Tre, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna, University of Catania, Scuola Normale Superiore Pisa, University of Milan-Bicocca, University of Padua). The Consortium promotes mobility projects under the European Programme Erasmus + - Action Traineeship, launched in 2015 by the European Commission. The project addressesundergraduate and graduate students in the chemical-pharmaceutical field, enrolled in one of the partner universities. Within the Consortium, the Noopolis Foundation manages the European network of the Research centers participating in the programme and the activities of professional training and counselling.
Since 2012, Noopolis regularly organizes workshops, meetings and events aimed at providing vocational guidance about the different career opportunities for graduates in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biological, biotechnological and biomedical field, in cooperation with the no-profit Association Unipharma and the no-profit Foundation Domenico Tardini.
The workshops provide participants with a wide range of information and tools aimed at improving their awareness of their career goals and supporting them to choose a coherent educational path:
• presentation of the range of career paths in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biological, biotechnological and biomedical field;
• information and advices on the educational path recommended to achieve specific professional goals;
• general data on the current situation of the Italian chemical-pharmaceutical industry;
• Information about the companies operating in our country (Big Pharma, Italian companies, CRO);
• information about the major R&D centers;
• presentations by experts or professionals about specific professional profiles;
• a practical workshop session providing general information on the preparation of the resumé and the cover letter, and customized advice through individual interviews.